A FAMILY RECIPE:
Here at Canyon we like to see coffee as a punctuation to life’s quietly meaningful moments: reaching for a favorite mug; a morning pause; the aroma drifting across the house; a Saturday in bed; a conversation with an old friend; the daily rituals that become part of our stories.
In that spirit, we are sharing a recipe perfected by Canyon co-founder Casey's mom, Janine, over many years. We're so happy to share this nostalgic recipe with you and hope it adds warmth to your morning ritual.
- 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 C Hazelnut flour
- 1 C unbleached white flour
- 1/2 C Palm Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 C Olive Oil
- 1/2 C Almond Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Berries to taste (about 1 pt)
Makes between 12-18 muffins.
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. In a medium size bowl, hand mix as follows.Combine dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, hazelnut flour, unbleached white flour, palm sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon.
3. Combine in a separate bowl: olive oil, almond milk, eggs, vanilla.
4. Add liquid ingredients to dry & stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
5. Add berries (blueberry, raspberry, whatever others or combination you have or prefer)
6. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full with batter. Sprinkle a dash of cane sugar on top of each muffin.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean.